Terraria, Steam and beyond

With the launch of Terraria on other Operating Systems, it is time for me to look at my Steam Addiction.




Terraria was my first Steam game way back December 2011. I bought it at a discounted price. I was looking for a distraction, that time I just moved into another city, and had no friends to drink with everyday starting from afternoon till night.

Terarria was perfect for me. It has 2d Pixel art, sidescrolling, and building stuff with blocks. I did not even know it had crafting before I started playing with it. And when I started playing, I WAS SLAIN in less than 5 mins. For me it was hard figuring out alot of stuff at first, then I discovered many things, not in-game but through online wikis and everything fell into place.

And I was crafting and fighting and building happily ever after.

One of my underground forts after a month of Terraria

Life was happy for me for a couple of months with the sound of my pickaxe happily chugging at blocks...until one day somebody tweeted about a game that was on sale at Indiegamestand for only 1USD! that game was Syder Arcade. I bought it and since then I was addicted to getting bundles! One purchase is how it starts right?

So I deposited 100USD in my Paypal account and proceeded to buy steam games from Steam and other bundles. Steam sales did not really help my addiction. Before long I had too many games to play and it was stressing me out. I swear I must have spent an additional 100USD from my Wife's Paypal account after my Paypal ran out of credits.



After that I stopped buying no matter how much I really wanted a game that was on sale or part of a bundle, by that time Steam Trading Cards was introduced and many gaming sites have started giving away games, so I decided to just get my money from trading cards and from free keys.

These days I trade cards on Steam and Listia. Today I am more addicted to Listia than on Steam. More on that later.

Comments