The TacTile Multi-touch LCD Display and Fleet Commander


Debuted in 2008, this multitouch display looks awesome as you may see in this video where many people are playing fleet commander at the same time.

If I had this system at home, I would not find a reason to go out on weeknights again.


The developer Arthur Nishimoto has this to say about his Fleet Commander and the TacTile multitouch display system.
Starting in June of 2010, I started adapting Fleet Commander to run on a 16 Megapixel LCD multi-touch wall measuring at 20-feet wide. The game easily scaled from TacTile's 1920 by 1080 resolution to the wall's 8160 by 2304. While most of the interface remains the same, some elements were changed to better suit a large wall environment. The most notable change was a radial menu containing ship spawning controls that could be opened anywhere on the wall by placing a palm on the touch surface.

Now I am getting curious about this game, where can I get it and how can I get it?

Comments